Weber

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 23:27:38 -0500
I replaced the ignition switch in my '73 Spitfire, it worked just fine. The
carb shot a steady stream of gas out, just like it did in Denver. I put the
40DCOE18 and cannon intake on and it ran ok. I adjusted the heater hose
connections and adjusted the throttle cable connection. It started fine
after the adjustments, so I put a pillow in the floor and drove down to my
neighbor, a half mile, to show him my progress. He wasn't home, probably out
driving his model T. I went home, turned the thing off, found my wife, told
her " It runs, let's go."
It wouldn't start. it hasn't started since. I assummed it was the fuel pump,
because I had to prime the damn hose, every time I started the car
initially.
Today I took the hose off and pumped the manual lever on the fuel pump, to
see if it worked and it did. I guess the carb needs cleaned up.
I have a universal type electric fuel pump, I'm going to try tommorrow. Is
there a problem with this
Do you need a certain pressure or anything special for an electric fuel
pump?
Larry

///