clutch Slave cylinder tip... a variation

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch Slave cylinder tip... a variation
From: "Chip Kigar" <ckigar@sound.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:31:54 -0500
Well, my clutch brake fluid has declined pretty quickly, so I decided to
tackle rebuilding the slave and master cylinders on my '80 spit.  I
attempted (as the archives show many have) to pry the metal cup from the end
of the cylinder only to quickly realize that I was ruining the cup without
budging it and it wasn't  available as a individual part.  I consulted the
list archive http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=spitfires
 and read  the tip about using an air compressor to blow the piston from the
cylinder.. but an air compressor is a tool I don't have...

Well, here's a variation of this tip....  a lot of Duct Tape joining a hose
from my shop vac's blow outlet to the fluid inlet popped that baby right out
into the shop rag at hand..  so tomorrow I am off to VB to purchase a kit.

Chip Kigar

Visit my DYI circle cutting jig page/Spitfire page at:
http://www.sound.net/~ckigar/circle.htm

///