Re: Drain Plug Location

To: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@pop.xs4all.nl>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drain Plug Location
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:05:00 -0400
Removing the hose would definitely NOT drain the system!
ALL the block's coolant passages are on the top,
between the block and the head.  Even if you remove
all the hoses, the water pump, and the head itself,
the block would stay full of coolant!

If there is no block drain plug, you would have to do
a good PROPER flushing to get all the old coolant out.

BTW, I changed a couple of my block freeze plugs last spring
because they were corroded.  This let me see inside the
lower portion of the block's water jacket. Over the years,
many strange little things settled down there...  But with
the plugs removed, it was easy to blast it clean with a hose.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit