Re: re: Speaker location

To: "Tim Doyle" <tdoyle3@berkshire.rr.com>
Subject: Re: re: Speaker location
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, Oct 26 2000 10:18:12 GMT-0600
I would look into purchasing (or making depending
>on how handy you are) a pair of 6x9 boxes for your speakers.  They usually
>cost about $10-$20 each and you can put them just about anywhere in the back
>of a Spitfire.

I have the boxes-and they're great! So much better than anything I had in my
two previous spits! In fact, a couple of the guys from my club have added the
boxes too-they're from Radio Shack. Mine aren't velcroed down, but they're
heavy, and sit on the rear shelf. (They have very long wires. If I'm at a
picnic, I can take the speakers out for music!)

A friend of mine who has a TR4 (and a gorgeous 4 it is) had his speakers in the
front, in the foot well. He complained that he could never hear the music. Now,
he's put speakers in the back-et voila! He's amazed! The first weekend he did
this, he sat in his garage and listened to the stereo all afternoon! (He has
his mounted inside the neat little glove box that TR4s have-out of sight. But,
he said it's not the best place to put it-difficult to change anything whilst
driving. But, it's out of sight!)

My 2 cents,

Laura G.