Pro Blend - 40 Below (reply tp Nolan)

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Pro Blend - 40 Below (reply tp Nolan)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:56:45 -0700
>How's
>your water pump?  Especially hooked up to a non-oem
>cooling system.  Spitfires are hyper sensitive to air flow
>through the radiator, how well is the air getting through
>yours?
Actually my cooling system is in excellent OEM shape, it's just a stock GT6
not the Spitfire.  The Spitfire never gets hot, but that's a custom setup-
The GT6 has a re-cored radiator with a high efficiency replacement using
the stock GT6 tanks (four rows), done by a very good shop.  Hoses, shrouds,
and such are all stock and in good condition as well as the fan and the
engine was also rebuilt (approx 12k ago)  The car has always run hot, ever
since I got it but only at idle (on hot 85+ deg days), and I've done
various things to see if I could alleviate the problem while still
retaining the stock configuration within reason and appearance.  I've tried
several pumps, thermostats, fans, gauges, jetting, timing, senders, etc.
You name it I've probably tried it - even installed an oil cooler and I've
got it fairly controlled now.  It doesn't boil over but I'm looking for
that little bit more.  Just enough so that the idle temp stays about where
the running temp does or possibly just a tad higher - but no more.  I start
getting nervous when the needle gets about a 1/8 of an inch near to the red
zone -
>The language of their advertisement concerns me though.
>I sincerely hope they don't expect you to run around on a
>mere quart of liquid in the cooling system like you typed.

What they meant I believe (I copied the type from their site) was to pre
mix this amount then add whatever water was necessary to achieve a full
system - that's how I read it anyway -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)