Re: Rusty Flywheel

To: rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rusty Flywheel
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:26:47 EDT
In a message dated 09/26/2000 7:53:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com writes:

<< I always thought that everytime you do a clutch job
 you should get the flywheel turned.  Just like a brake
 job.  There is no point putting new pads on a warped
 rotor.
 Mark >>

True enough, but I wouldn't turn rotors that didn't need turning (i.e.
weren't warped or scored). I'm going to get the flywheel lightly resurfaced,
though. There have been some mysteries on the list related to clutch pedal
travel and engagement and I was comcerned about whether recessing the surface
might cause problems relative to the travel of the pressure plate or the
hydraulic piston. Since I haven't heard any cautions about that, I guess it's
not an issue.

Thanks again to everyone who responded,

Tom Burke
80 Spit