Re: thrust washers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, jfl@neoucom.edu
Subject: Re: thrust washers
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:12:18 -0400
There undoubtably is a "standard" spec, but it isn't going to do you any good
at this point.
The standard spec would be for no wear.  You've got wear.  The correct way to
do it is to
measure the end play you've got right now, remove and measure the thickness of
your
thrrust washer right now, and deternime the correct thickness for the
replacement.

>>> "James F. Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu> 09/18 12:39 PM >>>

NEEDED:  What is the proper clearance for the thrust washers?  I have seen
three specs from .002 through .018.   Somewhere a proper number must exist.

I have had to put two new cranks into this car in the past two months and
quite frankly am tired of putting money into this after thrust washer
expulsions.

Any suggestions to save my 76 1500?