Re: Shorter coil springs?

To: "Mike Ross" <MIKEROSS@Prodigy.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shorter coil springs?
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:08:46 -0400
I am using MK IV (71-72) coil springs in the front of Freddy - they lowered
the front ALOT - I would say as much as 2", with no adverse effects at all.
I would say  that I have basically returned to UK spec for ride height - US
spec was jacked WAY up to meet our silly bumper regulations. The car sits
exactly level. I got them from Moss - they were pretty cheap. Freddy
actually came with lowered competition springs of a filling rattling spring
rate - the early stock springs gave the same ride height without the jaring
ride.

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the Spit