Re: Door Opening

To: CraigS@iewc.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door Opening
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:31:58 EDT
In a message dated 09/17/2000 8:50:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
CraigS@iewc.com writes:

Hi Craig,

This happened on ours. The part is listed in the catalogs, but, you can
probably find a complete used door latch assembly, cheaper and quicker. It's
also easier to replace than dismantling the the latch. You will have to pull
your lock cylinder so the keys will match, but that's pretty easy.

Tom Burke
80 Spit

<< My doors won't open from the outside...

 I removed the unit and found out that a plastic piece has given up the
 ghost.

 I has a spring over it and is actuated by the pulling of the handle.
 It's on a 71 Spit, do these exist in the parts world as a separate piece or
 am I going to have to purchase the whole thing ?