Intake manifold question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake manifold question
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 22:43:11 -0700
Hi,

In order to reinstall the catalyst that the previous DPO had removed
along with all the other emissions stuff I had to change the exhaust and
intake manifolds on my car.  I previously had the '76 style manifolds
with the EGR on the side of the exh. man and the steel water pipes
sticking out of the intake man. I installed all the new stuff today and
I have a question.  The new intake manifold has cast-in water pipes
approx 3/4" in diameter.  These don't match up well to the pipe coming
out of the thermostat housing or the pipe going into the heater because
it's difficult to find a hose that will accommodate both sizes, the
heater core pipe is closer to 7/16" as is the pipe coming from the
thermostat housing. Is this the right intake manifold?  The catalogs
don't show any manifolds with cast -in water pipes.  Is there a special
hose available that flares to accommodate these size differences?  Any
help would be appreciated.  BTW I am using an early manual choke
stromberg so I don't need all the water choke connections.

Thanks in advance

Glenn Trunnell