Re: Trailing Arms

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Dr T. Dafforn" <td214@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Trailing Arms
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:23:07 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:

> I'll add to that description ot say that the attaching point is reinforced
quite well and it would take a lot of rust (usually not a
> problem in that particular place) to cause it to break loose.

Mine certainly had enough rust there...but fortunately on acceleration I
could feel something "give" each time I gave it a little gas. Feeling around
behind to check it out during acceleration revealed the movement in the
bracket.

Repairs involved replacement of the heelboard, both interior brackets and
minor welding in of material to make sure the base flange of the replacement
brackets was attached to solid metal. The brackets outside the body that the
radius rods attached to were fine...just replaced the bushings with Ted
Schumacher's poly bushings.

Cheers
Keith