Re: Water pump pulley

To: "Dave Chu" <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Subject: Re: Water pump pulley
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:25:34 -0400
Dave

You either need a new pulley or replace the pump.  If you are going with an
electric fan any water pump will do.

I had to replace my water pump this summer.  The pump from my spare 1296 cc
motor fit my 1500 although I couldn't use it because it leaked like the
original.  The older style pump might look better since the fan bolts on the
pulley ... there would be no shaft sticking out as would on the later pumps.

Too bad you hadn't written last week.  I was within 45 minutes of Montreal
and I have a spare pulley already pressed off the leaky pump.  Contact me
offline if you are interested.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire