A Very Good Spitfire Day

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: A Very Good Spitfire Day
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 20:13:58 -0500
Listers,
I made my annual trek to Osceola, WI, today to the Wheels and Wings Event. This
is (among other things) a community festival, air show at the small municipal
airport, and free car show and half-price book sale at the headquarters of
Classic Motorbooks. The weather for the drive up this morning was perfect, and
MN highway 95 runs along the scenic St. Croix river from the Twin Cities to
Osceola (about 40) miles). I have been driving my Spit there since 1997(didn't
have the guts in '96, the year I bought it), and every year, slowly but surely,
the drive gets better and more enjoyable. The first year I was so nervous about
a possible breakdown that I could not really enjoy the ride, but that's the year
I first made contact with the local Triumph club. Since then, the car and
driving experience has steadily improved year-by-year, due largely to the
technical help and moral support provided by this list. I no longer worry about
the dependability of the car- it has never let me down (knock on wood). Thanks
to all of you who have tendered help and advice over the last couple of years!

Bob Waid
71 Mark IV, FK4081L