pollution plumbing - '71 Mk IV

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: pollution plumbing - '71 Mk IV
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 18:02:15 -0600
Despite all the catalogues and picture books, I still can't seem to
figure out the pollution plumbing between the tank, carb and canister.

I have
the vent pipe coming from the tank on the RHS of the car to  - nowhere
a middle sized rubber hose coming from the left side of the carb to the
top of the canister,
a small rubber hose from the rear of the carb (next to the manfold)
blocked off with a 1/4" bolt.

Then I have a canister with
large hose connector at the bottom,
a medium size connector in the middle of the top and
a small connector at the edge of the top.

I can guess at some connections, but does anyone have the correct
plumbing description for this car.  No run-on valve, no EGR valve, no
PCV valve (that I can see), no hole in the manifold for a rubber hose
connector as I see in many pictures.

Appreciate all replies!
Cheers, Fred

--