GT6 windshield frame install

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 windshield frame install
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

I need some factory lore on this one.

I have new cowl and roof gaskets for my GT6 winshield
frame ( not talking about the seal around the glass)
and will be installing them soon.  I spoke to a
professional bodyman who said it took him 5 hours to
install these after doing a complete repaint on his
GT6.

He said the gaskets kept sliding out of position as he
tried to squeeze the frame between the cowl and roof.

When I disassembled mine, I noted that the car was
definitely painted at the factory before these were
installed, that the roof gasket was glued to the roof
with what looked to be 3M's weather strip glue (yellow
death or Gorilla Snot) and the cowl gasket was sealed
to the cowl with what seemed like black automotive
strip caulk.

I'd bet the roof was welded on before the paint job
too!  : )

How did the factory get this together?  Did a strong
man get inside the tub and push up on the roof?

Aspiring GT6 rebuilders want to know!

TIA

Jason
GT6+