Re: Ebay GT6, special GT6?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay GT6, special GT6?
From: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:45:46 MDT
I'm skeptical that this is a 'special' factory car. Everything listed could
be bought aftermarket.  The "KD" engine prefix was assigned to all engines
placed in '68 MKI's with a lower 8.5:1 compression ratio. Remember, 1968 was
the first year the  U.S. mandated pollution limits.  Earlier MKI's had 9.5:1
compression ratios (and "KC" prefixed
engine #'s). If the car has a 4-digit VIN number high enough, say KC9999L,
it may merely be a 1968 model GT6 MK1.
     Karl Theis
     no more GT6's (SOLD!)

http://profiles.msn.com.