Re: HEADERS

To: <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: HEADERS
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:38:43 -0500
Joe, I don't want to burst your bubble, as I appreciate all the amazing
projects you have created, but someone has beat you to this one.
http://www.stahlheaders.com/Frame%20Flanges.htm

By the stahl headers I have seen before, I am sure it is quality stuff, but
you may be able to do it cheaper in mild steel.  I still am an opponent to
stainless, its just bad stuff for headers.

The question then becomes how does one go about calculating the appropriate
tubing diameters, distances between collectors and what not for the 4/2/1?
Kastner said to make them as long as possible, but was referring to the 4/1,
I think.  I am not sure any of the header companies have really put much
work into designing a proper header.  I they had, my 4/2/1 would be commonly
available, right??

Thanks Joe,
jim