Re: HEADERS

To: James Libecco <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Subject: Re: HEADERS
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 17:14:59 -0700
James and all,
THis thread has dredged up a project that I have on the back shelf.  A
while back I was considering making header flanges for the SPitfire
1300/1500 engines in both mild steel and Stainless for those who don't
want to buy Pacesetter or put out the bucks for the 4-2-1 ones that are
available.

I suspect I can deliver the Stainless ones for under 50 bucks and the
mild steel for even less.  With those pieces, you can go to a tubing
shop that has a bender and manufacture whatever you want!

How does that sound?

Joe

James Libecco wrote:

> John, Welcome to my nightmare.  I have been trying to come up with a set of
> the 4/2/1 headers for about four months now.  I am not ready to break down
> and pay the price that rimmer/tssc want (ie close to $300) when the 4.1 are
> so readily available and cheap.  I just had a conversation with Kas about
> the headers and he suggested that the difference would be noticed.
>
>     So, the question becomes, what would it take for me to make my own
> headers since no one else seems to want to do it for me.
>
>     BTW, has anyone else besides me seen a set of Stahl headers for the
> spit.  Now that is a header.
>
> jim
>
> >Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:08:57 -0500
> From: John Cave <cavej@mcmaster.ca>
> Subject: HEADERS
>
> >I want to put headers on my 78 , 1500 engine British Parts Northwest
> have them for $106, but they are not 4-2-1, they are 4 into 1,  does
> anybody have  any experience or opinion on them.
>                                    Thanks  John Cave

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer