Re: question....

To: "Jim" <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>, "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: question....
From: "Phil Johnson" <spitfire.man@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:32:53 +0100
95% of it is. The only panels that are different are the front sidelight
panels (separate indicator and side lights on the Mk2, single combined unit
on the Mk3), and the grill panel (single panel between the two sidelight
panel with cut outs for two small grills, and the bonnet hinge tubes on the
Mk2 and an open front with a bar across the lower edge of the grill area -
full width front grill - and a central vertical strengthener on the Mk3).
The bonnet hinge tubes are also different between the models due to hinge
and bumper differences between the models, but these are bolt on anyway. The
only other difference will be the mounting hole on the front of the wings
for the raised bumper end mountings on the Mk3.

As a side, I used one of the remanufactured Mk3 bonnets for my Mk2 Spitfire,
sourcing the sidelight panels and re using the grill panel and hinge tubes
from my old bonnet.
==
Phil (who needs working pop up headlights when I can get out in the rain and
wind them up manually) Johnson
Spitfire/GT6 Secretary Club Triumph (UK)
www.club.triumph.org.uk/

1966 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949 still going strong!
1968 GT6 Mk1 KC13299 still for sale!
1977 TR7 ACG15216 still giving me a hard time!