Re: Expensive Turn Signal Switch

To: spitlist@gte.net, dougbert@rcn.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Expensive Turn Signal Switch
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:13:55 EDT
          Funny how this thread should come up now. Yesterday I went out to
move the spit into the garage to work on the charging problem. When I turned
the key I was greeted by a cloud of smoke coming from the steering column.
           I pulled the turn switch and took it apart. Sure enough the
contact had worn through the phenolic material and had shorted out. Luckely
without burning up any wiring. Even though I'm sure I could rebuild the
switch, I ordered a new one. Hey what gets used more than a turn switch?
except maybe the transmission and how many of you have 30 year old trannys
that haven't been touched.
           Just my $2.00 (about what the switch costs a year) :>)

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784
70 Spit FDU84919  (Sparky up to his old tricks)
70 GT6+ KC81551 (Ok so I like 70s)