PDWA & brake warning light/switch test??

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: PDWA & brake warning light/switch test??
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:10:52 PDT
Hello All:

Since buying my '73 Spitfire in January 99 I have been fixing, restoring,
upgrading, etc. various systems.  I discovered that the "Brake Warning" bulb
was missing while replacing the speedo light.  Inserted new bulb and it
glows beautifully.  All the time.

While it is certainly possible that I have activated the PDWA valve to an
off-center position, the brakes appear to be solid and both systems are
working.

Does anyone know of a test, perhaps with a V.O.M. of the pressure warning
"switch" that is electrically connected to the oil pressure switch?  Maybe
there is a short in the switch and that is all that needs replacing.  Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500, FM4723U