Re: 70 spit battery not charging

To: <SLCL914@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 70 spit battery not charging
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:04:36 -0700
Provided the alternator etc is operating properly and your battery does
indeed need charging, it'll start charging the moment the engine is running.
How long it has to charge will depend on how low the battery got.  20
minutes of high idle may be sufficient.  Actually driving isn't required,
just an engine speed above about 1500 rpm.   Buy yourself a simple 2-4 amp
car battery charger and leave it on overnight.  Thats the easiest way.
They're pretty cheap too.   What prompted this in the first place?
Peter S