Re: Braking Away

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, msp01091@isd.net
Subject: Re: Braking Away
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:12:03 -0500
My '72 had the same brake pads for several years, that were on it when I got it.
It always took a lot of pedal force to stop, and I was almost afraid to try to
lock up the wheels.  Recently I changed the pads, and I found that
I needed less pedal force to stop.  The old pads appeared to be a semi-metallic
type, and the new ones do not seem to have any metal in them.  I do not
remember the brand, but I know they were from Australia.

It doesn't hurt to experiment with different types, since they are so cheap
and easy to replace.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit