Re: Herald Hubcaps

To: "Bill Kelly" <bk54@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Herald Hubcaps
From: "Sue" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:01:37 +0100

I can't comment on those particular hubcaps but perhaps this may help.
When I rebuilt (sorry, slip of the tongue) when the *garage* rebuilt my Baby
Blue I replaced nearly all the trim.

The rear bumpers were shot so I bought replacements but the front one was
solid so I had that re-chromed. Within a few months I was starting to see
rust bloom starting to come through on the new rear ones, whereas the front
one has been much more hardy - re-chroming seemed to give it a thicker, more
resistant covering.

Though re-chroming may cost more, depending on the climate in your part of
the woods, it may pay to go that route if yours are still basically sound.

Now, over to the experts...

 Sue
'68 MkIII