Re: 64 Spit Bonnet

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, Goodlift@Sprintmail.Com
Subject: Re: 64 Spit Bonnet
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:45:26 +0100

On the subject of bonnets, what is the correct way to lift a bonnet?

I have always lifted mine by the latches, but I read somewhere (may even have
been on this list, I can't remember) that this causes the bonnet to bend and
eventually crack, and you should in fact lift the bonnet by the wheel arches.
Is there any truth in this?  Purely from the point of view of leverage, the
latch seems more sensible...

I hope that by next weekend my car will have returned from the garage fitted
with a brand new shiny bonnet, for which I will have paid a vast sum of money.
Since my bank manager is unlikely to let me spend a similar amount of money
again, I would like to make sure I look after this new bonnet!

Looking forward to hearing conflicting views!

Dean