A Couple of Questions...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: A Couple of Questions...
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:29:45 -0500

Hello all,

Here are a couple of questions that came up as I was working on my car recently:

My original hood cover and tonneau have those two-part all-plastic snaps.
Recently a couple broke off.  Is it possible to get plastic replacement ones,
or do I have to use the common metal snaps?  If I can get the plastic ones,
how are they attached?  (Unfortunately the metal snaps do not snap as tightly
as the plastic ones to the plastic studs on the body.)

The plastic bushes in the front and rear trunnions are supposed to be
lubricated with a "zinc-oxide" based grease.  I have never seen that type of
grease
in a parts store.  Does anyone know what commonly-available type of grease
would be best for these parts?

Thanks,

Doug Braun
'72 Spit