RE: Torque wrench

To: "'Carsten.Weber@dbsoft.exactsoftware.com'"
Subject: RE: Torque wrench
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:55:22 -0400
Carsten,

Most torque wrenches have the conversions done for you already.
I know mine has the settings on one side in foot-lbs and on the
other in Newton-meters. It is a click type. If I still had the
manual, ISTR that there is a conversion in there as well.

Looking up in my cross reference manual:
1 lbf/ft^2 = 47.8803 Pa = 1 N/m^2

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net