Re: Yes!!! Another gearbox question.

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Yes!!! Another gearbox question.
From: Leon Scriven <LEON@CollectACan.co.za>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:28:31 +0200
Hi guys,

Well, i have got all the info on the Speedo gear and Peter  is sending me
the Speedo gear i am looking for.

I have order all the necessary parts to overhaul the gearbox from Kipping.
It seem as if they are the cheapest on spare for the spitfire.

One question.

The Bellhousing is loose from the gearbox and everything is removed from it.
As far as I can seen it has been  painted about ten times. This is no good
and I am just wondering if I can do one of the following,

1.) Sandblasting all the paint off the box and the Bellhousing.

2.) What about a acid bath!!( Just a Question.)

3.) Is there any other suggestions.

What about the paint??

Lastly I have finally decided with all the name going around that my spitty
must get one to.

>From now until she departs from me she will be called "MATILDA"

Thanks for all you guys advice, learn a lot the past few weeks reading the
mail.

Leon Scriven
66 Spitfire MKII alias MATILDA
South Africa