Headlight wiring

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Headlight wiring
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:23:14 -0500
I got a problem that is about to make me crazy !
I have worked, figured, read the schematic, drank beer and cussed this thing
for a month.

The DPO moved the headlight switch down to the area where the radio was, he
installed some pigtail connectors like you use on a boat trailer light
connection.  Needless to say he changed the wiring around under the dash and
now the only thing keeping my LBC from returning to the "legal" world of
road ready is this nagging damn problem.
What I have done;
I bought a rocker switch, on-off-on.
The new switch has two rows of contacts, so you could set up two circuits.
I have put the brown heavy guage wire in the middle, the blue with a red on
top and the blue on the bottom of one side.
No lights !!!!!
I think there is a red wire that goes to this also , this is where I need
some help.
I need someone to tell me how to connect the switch, should I use a jumper
wire to the two centers ? or WHAT !!??

the back of the switch looks like this

open-   I       I -blue/red
open-   I       I -brown wire