Re: Coroded Battery box

To: tashg@bmi.net
Subject: Re: Coroded Battery box
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:43:43 -0400
I used the cutter to cut through the braces as needed, then gently
bent them out of the way.  They moved far enough that I was able to
remove the old batt box (in pieces) and fit the new one in.  The new
was a steel box (from SpitBits) that I trimmed and bent (trim front
flange; trim and bend up back flange) to fit solidly onto the
cowling.  I've never welded before, so I'm not installing it
permanently yet.  (There is plenty more body work, engine work,
brakes, ... to keep me busy)  My plan is to plug weld it in place
after wasting some scrap sheet metal in a fit of practice welding.
(Pop Rivets sure sound inviting, though. :)