RE: On rear ends and differentials...

To: "'Jim'" <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: On rear ends and differentials...
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:31:18 +0100
Jim,
        The diff is removed downwards and forwards, ie., undo the front
mountings under the frame, the diff will now hinge down as only the rear
bolt is holding it. When the rear bolt is removed, the diff can move forward
as it is clear of the front mounts. To do this, the spring has to be removed
first. The diff cannot come upwards throught the frame, it just doesn't work
that way,
        Hope this helps,
                Bill Davies.

> Is there some sort of a trick to getting the diff out?  I see in the
> Haynes manual that they talk about removing the spring but
> that must be

                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup