On rear ends and differentials...

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: On rear ends and differentials...
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 16:58:19 -0400
and removal thereof.

I'm at the point now where the old body is off the car and we're down to
the bare frame (yuk) and the work that that entails.
I've gotten everything unbolted and disconnected that needs to be in
preperation for removal of the differential and rear
suspension/brakes/etc.
Is there some sort of a trick to getting the diff out?  I see in the
Haynes manual that they talk about removing the spring but that must be
for when you're removing the diff while the car is intact.
The front of the diff moves down from that plate and it's associated
stud (the nuts, washers, and rubber donuts are out) and the rear bolt
(the long one) is out as well.
The diff appears to be captured by the area of the frame where that long
bolt used to reside.
What is the trick?
TIA,
Jim

--
Rawchester, Neu Yawk
Sptifire MkII "HardWay"  FC68436L  Red, what else?