Re: 9171 Spit (1971 Spit?)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, monksb@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: 9171 Spit (1971 Spit?)
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:18:17 +0100

Barrie,

Spitfires are brilliant cars, and if you do get one, I'm sure you'll love it!
But they do go wrong - frequently.  What exactly is wrong with the gearbox?
Recon. gearboxes are fairly inexpensive, and if that really is the only thing
wrong with this car, I'd go for it - you're not going to find a 100% perfect car
(not for considerably more than $2000, anyway!)

But make sure you check it over thoroughly - there are dozens of web sites and
books that will tell you the things to look out for, and other people on the
list have no doubt bombarded you with advice!  Look at a few other cars, don't
rush into it, and hopefully you'll end up with a car which you can enjoy, and
which will be fairly reliable.

Good luck!

Dean