Re: My 75 Spitfire is now running after sitting for 14 years!

To: <HD50EL@aol.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My 75 Spitfire is now running after sitting for 14 years!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 01:46:45 +0100
>After cleaning out the carb, and changing the fuel pump, my
1975 Spitfire is
>now running after sitting 14 years. I also was successful
in getting the
>clutch and brake hydraulics pumped up also. The clutch disk
was not stuck to
>the flywheel either. This means that I can focus on getting
the body and
>interior back in condition (this will be the largest amount
of work on the
>car). I may try to take it around the parking lot tomorrow.
Wish me luck!
>Thanks,

Well done, John
You seem to have achieved what many others dare not even
hope for. Amazing when the car's been sitting for years and
only needs a gentle nudge, while others have cars of
probably any make that have been idle a few weeks and defy
EVERYTHING you can throw at them to persuade them to run -
including fervent prayer.
Enjoy - but don't forget, your time WILL come!

Jonmac