Inner axle fix was Re: Wanted-Spitfire MkIV or 1500

To: Laura.G@141.com
Subject: Inner axle fix was Re: Wanted-Spitfire MkIV or 1500
From: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:27:53 MDT
Laura,
   I *think* the same thing happened to my 1500 Spit years ago.  A
half-shaft bolt came loose and sheared off all four inner axle bolt heads on
the differential.  Major bummer.  However, the shop I towed it to was able
to 'easy-out' the remains of the differential bolts and re bolt the inner
axle.  No apparent internal damage to the differential.  So keep your hopes
up, you may luck out on this one.
   Later,
   Karl
   GT6's