Re: Rear leaf Spring

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear leaf Spring
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:53:38 -0500
Patrick,

When I took out my spring to do some other work I to noticed mine were worn
or completely missing.  I searched all over the SW part of TX and found
nothing that fit the size requirement.  An uncle of mine has a machine shop,
I was looking around one day at his place and I found RODS of Teflon 1.0"
thick and about 10' long....  All I needed next was to talk one of unk's
shop workers into turning some down and a cut off saw, a couple bottles of
homebrew did the job...  They work great and I have had no troubles with
them at all...  Call around and see if any machine shops in your area have
any thing like this...

Good Luck

N.A. Campiglia III
'67 Spitfire MKIII