Re: Exhausting times

To: james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk
Subject: Re: Exhausting times
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 08:44:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/99 6:14:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk writes:

<<
 Should I go for a full sports system as well for roughly 1/3 the price
 again.

 The options are manifolds:

 Rimmer £135 + £4.38 adapter + ??? car needels or springs

 Kipping £159 + ??? adapter + £14 for carb needels

 Moss £146 + £2.35 adapter + ??? carb needels or springs

 TRGB £135 + ??? adapter + ??? carb needels

 TSSC 133.77 + ??? adapter + ??? carb needels

 All include VAT

 or

 For Twin sports systems

 TRGB £270
 Kipping £318
 Moss £336
 Rimmer £300

 Rimmer also do:
 Large bore version of standard but with twin exit on side sweeping to back
 for: £258
 Large bore s/through exhaust slash to the right £293 or £334 for an extra
 quite version of that.

 What are people opinions of these exhausts?

James,

I went with the SS Rimmer sport system for my GT6.  I've been very happy with
it since installation.  The SS header, though, did require quited a bit of
grinding to smooth out the inside of the port area -- globby welds from
flange to pipe.  A die grinder (or a dremel tool) took care of that in short
order.  The exhaust sounds great and I've had no trouble.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com