Wiring Spitfire Overdrive

To: Triumpn discusion group <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Wiring Spitfire Overdrive
From: Ralph Goodwin <rgoodwin@ipass.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:06:47 -0400
I'm working with a local school to convert a 80 Spitfire to electric
drive for use in a school competition program.  The car will be
autocrossed.  It is expected that typically the car will need to be
shifted once when driven in competition.  The numbers would indicate
that if we could use the overdrive in second gear we could eliminate the

need to shift gears with the clutch, the car will be driven from a
stop with second gear.  Is it possible to wire the overdrive so it will
work with second gear instead of only 3rd and 4th?  I have
others tell me it can be done but they don't know how.

Thanks for your help!

Ralph
http://www.rtpnet.org/~ev/spit