Re: Wiring Spitfire Overdrive

To: wizardz <wizardz@toad.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring Spitfire Overdrive
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 21:43:50 -0700
Ralph,
I wouldn't recommend shorting around that switch.  If you did, the OD
would operate in any gear including reverse.  Trust me on this one, you
don't want it in reverse.

The best way to do this is to figure out how to mount a switch and
actuator that is energized when the transmission is in second gear.  The
switch would be wired in parallel to the other gearbox switch (as is
done with the A type OD on TR's).  This arrangement will let the OD
operate in 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

However, I can't help but thinking that Triumph knew what they were
doing when they eliminated 2nd from the OD actuation.  I'd be very
interested to see the results obtained by doing this.

Regards,
Joe Curry