RE:Turn Signals

To: "'cplimey@home.com'" <cplimey@home.com>
Subject: RE:Turn Signals
From: Ben Bacon <Ben@HEI-KC.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:10:27 -0500

I had this same problem too.  After studying the wiring diagram,  tracing
wire and cleaning the fuse contacts (The top fuse of three runs the dash ,
stoplight and turn signals, heater blower, etc.) I still had an intermittent
problem.  I think mine was/is a bad connection where the green wires connect
to the back of the fuse box. Very hard to clean the back side of the fuse
box.    I ending up running a parallel power wire with separate fuse from
the white ignition wire to a common point in the system.  There's a second
post on the voltage regulator (mounted on the speedo) where the dark green
wire connects to it. That makes a good point of connection.  with that the
problem has gone away.

If you run a separate wire make sure that the new wire and the existing wire
are adequate for the current.