LHD Glove boxes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: LHD Glove boxes
From: mrobertson@celcorp.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:31:33 -0600
Hello Spitlisters,

I am in the final stages of rebuilding a disaster-case '69 GT6+. Among the
many screwed-up, spindled and mutilated parts I have removed are three
pieces of torn and bent cardboard that were once the driver's-side glove
box. The passenger side unit was just plain missing.

I know that new replacements are available, but I want to make sheet-metal
replacements for both the driver's and passenger's side , and cover the
interiors with black vinyl for more permanent and solid replacements.

The three pieces I salvaged have some corners and tabs torn off, and are
pretty rough. Does anyone have either patterns for these parts, or good
photos and measurements? I think they would be basically the same as LHD
Mk3 GT6 and Mk4/1500 Spit parts, and mirror images of the same RHD parts.

If I get enough info, I'll make some patterns and put them on the 'Net
somewhere so everyone can use them.

Thanks,
Mark Robertson
Edmonton, Alberta