Re: (Not so) Amusing multi car situation.....

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: (Not so) Amusing multi car situation.....
From: "Sue" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:39:16 +0100
Poor Nigel.
My commiserations and sympathies.

It's a while since I lost a car to breakdown but mine was in the shop for
its rebuild and respray for *14 months*. Luckily I had my dad's car during
that time (he's disabled now and couldn't get in a Spitfire - and certainly
wouldn't get out again even if we tipped him in - so he keeps his Rover
going with me as occasional chauffeur).

Even so it almost felt like a bereavement at times after being in daily use
before - and since. I had to keep going in to see it just to convince myself
I still owned a car - tho' at times I was beginning to wonder...

Someone out there was certainly looking out for you - getting off the
freeway just in time as you did.

Anyway, here's wishing the patient all the best for a speedy recovery.

Sue
'68 MkIII (various clatters and rumblings but still going strong - touch
wood!)