Re: Amusing multi car situation.....

To: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Amusing multi car situation.....
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 02:03:28 -0700
My spitfire is my only car. And now, it's ot even that-just mintues after
getting off the freeway tonight, I lost my rear, drivers side bearings. I
least, that's what I think it was. I don't think I did any axle
damage-though I am worried about any other damage I might have incured. I
did shear off the outer tread of the tire. The emergency brake is frozen.
But, I know that it wasn't a u-joint -the "coup de grace"-i.e. "boom" wasn't
big enough and the tow truck guy managed to very very carefully roll it 2 ft
onto the truck (flat bed)-so, even though the car won't move, the rear
wheels didn't freeze. (As they did when I lust my u-two blocks from where I
was tonight, btw!) On my last spitty. The noise was only as if I'd run over
a large stone in the road.

A few minutes before, I was on the freeway, in the left hand lane at 70mph-I
just had the feeling that I had to get off the freeway! Good thing!

Bad news-Dave is leaving for Monterey in the morning, so who knows WHEN I'll
have a car again!

I think I'll go have a shot of tequila (for me) and light a candle in prayer
for Nigel!

Laura G. and Nigel