Amusing multi car situation.....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Amusing multi car situation.....
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:31:39 -0400
Just had to share my amusing current predicament with the list. I own four
cars, 85 +92 Peugeots, an 84 VW Jetta GLI, and my (mostly) 74 Spitfire
Freddy. So where do I find myself at the moment? With nothing sitting in
the driveway but the Spitfire for a week or so! One Peugeot is lent out to
a friend, the Jetta is lent out to another friend (Kev's Car Rental Agency,
can I help you?), and the last Peugeot is in the shop. Freddy is my
exclusive transport for probably two weeks - I feel like I am back in the
60's and 70's when someone might actually have a Spit as their only car and
no one would think anything of it. I trust Freddy to get me where I need to
go, out of the four he is the only one that has NEVER broken down on the
road - and I have had him longer than all but the Jetta. The 92 Peugeot
actually died on me on the way to the mechanics Saturday - totally
unrelated to why I was headed there! Freak thing actually, the output shaft
in the two month old waterpump sheared in two - my mechanic who has work
exclusively on Pug's since 1964 has only ever seen it one other time. Thank
goodness for AAA Plus!

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Various and sundry odd foreign cars....