Re: Brake drum Screws

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake drum Screws
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:08:33 -0400
Couldn't not respond to this one...

One side of my Spit had these when I got it, the other side didn't.  The
side without had a damaged hub center from the drum bouncing against it.
Not a big deal, really...but I did have to file the 'mushroom' off the hub
to get the brake drum off.

My drums are now properly fastened by those little countersunk screws.  I
used anti-seize on the threads to prevent problems later.

There was a reason for everything Triumph did.

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
665 messages to read after coming back from vacation.  <sigh>