which tool would you get?

To: spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: which tool would you get?
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:12:41 -0700 (PDT)
i have been given permission from SWMBO to get 1 (count em 1) tool to aid in
the restoration of the spit body work.  i have decided to get one that is air
powered, will do as many jobs as possible and is relatively cheap..( i know, i
know dream tool's)...i have come to the conclusion that either a 4/4.5 inch
grinder or 3 inch cut off tool is in order, as they are both roughly the same
price (within a couple of bucks) i just need to decide which one.  the usage
would be more toward a cutter, ie removing floor pans, cutting sill's/wings
etc. but would also like to have a grinder available to take off surface rust,
adjust mis manufactured parts etc.

question is can a grinder be succesfully used as a cut off tool with the
correct wheel...

will a 3 in wheel work on a 4.5 grinder, if no 4.5 cutoff wheel is available.

is there another tool i havent found in my MSC catalog that would work as well
or do even more that i missed.

tia
===
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright