Re: spit map lite

To: Winnie Olmer <who@sover.net>
Subject: Re: spit map lite
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:11:37 -0400
Winnie Olmer wrote:

> I dont know if the previous owner did some rewiring or not.
> The map lite is on non stop as long as the headlights are
> turned on. Is this normal? Or is it supposed to be wired
> some other way. If I turn the knob for the instrument lite
> dimmer it does not seem to have a détente that I can feel
> which might suggest that it is supposed to control the map
> lite.
> Thanks
> Winnie
>
> =======================================
> Winnie Olmer
> CADD Solutions
> mailto:who@caddsolutions.windham.vt.us
> =======================================

Winnie,

If the maplight is wired correctly, it should switch
off when it is in a 'park' position. If you look at
the base of the light, there is a plastic insulator
in the detent position when it is placed in the
correct position. I don't recall which way the light
is oriented, but try several positions. This light
completes the ground when it is moved out of park.

The instrument dimmer won't have any effect on the
map light.

Cheers,
--
Doug Mitchell