Re: Clutch Disassembly Reveals All

To: "Bob Norway" <examiner@scci.net>, "BWN" <bwnbcg@cruzio.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Disassembly Reveals All
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:14:49 +0100
>Had the same problem on my QH plate, because, I suspect,
more but
>lighter/thinner fingers. About a quarter of them had been
worn down AND bent
>in as if they lost their springiness. The B&W had less
(read wider) and I
>would suppose stronger fingers. It's got about 30000 on it
and as far as I
>can tell going strong.

If you can't obtain an Automotive Products 3 in 1 clutch
kit, I can recommend Fichtel Sachs, LUK or Laycock
alternatives. Laycock was often an alternative preferred
supplier to STI - usually when Automotive Products was on
strike. My big six saloon has just had a Laycock kit
'thrown' at it. It wasn't NOS either.

Jonmac