Vehicle ID / Commission Number

To: Triumph Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vehicle ID / Commission Number
From: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:21:18 -0700
I've noticed that people sometimes list their Spitfire's commission
number with their name.

One of my 79's doesn't have a number anything like the 5 digit numbers
most people list.  It's number is 1C3BT56E0FC303078, and it's the same
number on the dash plate, and the door jamb.

Why can't I find a number like others use, IE FK38800?  What am I
missing?  Do I call it FC303078?

Also, someone listed the place where people are 'registering' their
spitfires, someone's trying to find them all.  I can't find the e-mail
with the WWW address.  Anyone still got it?

Brad Richardson
Portland, Oregon
79 Spitfire (FM90541U)
79 Spitfire (1C3BT56E0FC303078)