Re: Fuel leak near fuel tank

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel leak near fuel tank
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:53:32 -0400
I recently replaced all my engine rubber, including the fuel lines all the
way back.  Here's what I did:

Keep two large phillips head screwdrivers handy.  Cut your replacement hose
to length, and plug one end with a screwdriver.  Fit your new hose clamps
over the free end to have them handy.  When you pull the offening hose,
quickly jam the hose screwdriver assembly on the metal end.  If old rubber
hose bleeds, address this one first with the other screwdriver.  Continue
this process all the way up to the engine compartment

Having a 5 month old daughter at home, I also used a disposable diaper to
absorb the gas that spilled out faster than I could plug.

Hope this helps!

Mike  72 spit